Wednesday 19 October 2011

oooo i love you shoes


It seems that I'm back after a very long and dragged out period of blog free life. I thought I'd kick start my homecoming by treating you all too some Dr Marten love.
I've been lusting over a pair of Dr Martens for a fair while now, and as my money situation always seems to be in the gutter it takes me a while to scrape together enough shmucks for these babies.

For me, a pair of Dr Martens are a must have wardrobe accessory and add instant originality to any outfit. The history behind the brand fascinates me and they NEVER seem to go out of fashion. Being one of the most recognized pieces for Skinheads in the 60's and 70's this was the time when they most flourished and i think, really influences the current urban style. Yes, i will admit that they are a large chunk out of your wage packet but by joe are they worth it. They could be one of the most sustainable, versatile shoe on the planet. They have the potential to be very well loved and will last a lot longer than your average overly priced 80 pound shoe.
I Wear them with anything and everything and surprisingly manage to accumulate a handful of compliments every time i put them on my feet! I love how they're original and they can be brought to suit your personality and come in every color of the rainbow and texture imaginable.
Of course like i say in every post, I'm not telling you how to wear anything. I simply advise and like to inspire.

For a lot of this year, it has been wasted on being a coach potato and lusting over endless items of clothing and more importantly the beautiful pair of DM's that i now thankfully own, but alas, they are still my only pair. Many months, and a substantial amount of money later I'm still sat here with wishful thoughts hoping that my next pair will appear out of nowhere. This seems greedy of me, i admit it but it seems i never take them off. Just the very thought of being able to chose from array of different colors gets my quivering in excitement in my seat.
Now, i am not a stylist and i certainly do not practice what i preach as much as i would love too. What do i wear them with i hear you cry, anything! Style is down to the individual and I'm not here to tell you what to wear but for me personally the only thing i wear them with are tights, leggings and occasionally jeans. Baggy tees and chunky knits are my favourite with tights and a good pair of men's socks. I'm not one to wear fitted clothes too often and after chucking anything on they seem to always jazz it up, somehow they have created my style a long with my endless pile of charity shop goodies. I don't have a camera to hand at this moment so I've 'borrowed' a few from tumblr etc.. just to give you a taster. Watch this space and I'll add some of my own.



Nothing is all perfect, as much as i have made them out to be. The only thing that i can criticize is the notoriously hurtful process of breaking in the boots. It shouldn't take long, depending on how often you wear them. Many have said to me to do this in the comfort of my own home for a few weeks to get used to them. Ofcourse, i was too impatient as always and jumped straight into the deep end. The day after they were purchased i embarked on a weekend camping trip with family and friends and decided that this was the perfect oppertunity to break them in. i would just like to advise you NOT TO DO THIS. I learnt the hard way and wasn't clever enough to take another pair of shoes with me. My feet, i am sad to say were not too pleased with my decision and nor was i but it worked, and they broke in, in only a few days. If your prepared for a week of diar agony then by all means be as foolish as i was! Or, if you are wise and aren't as desperate as i was to show them off then take your time. Wear them on a short shopping trip or a day at college where you wont be walking too much, this should only take around a week to two weeks just make sure that when you wear them you do wear some nice think Daddy socks as i like to call them and once theyre ready you shall find out as a wise one once told me 'They are the most comfy shoes you will ever wear, you will be sleeping in them'



Please bare in mind that i have not been payed, or asked to review this product and am simply writing about it because i want to. Everything i have written about is my honest opinion. The photographs used in this post are not my own, sourced from weheartit.com

14 comments:

  1. I love Doc Martens and they also last for so long, it's hard to ruin them !
    You're invited to enter my Chanel & Too Faced Giveaway !
    Follow Fashion and Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i had never seen so many!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love docs so much! I have a hot pink pair and i always get complimented wearing them! might do a post on them :)
    need to invest in a new pair! PS definitely get some!

    http://union-apparel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah i have some already, oxblood ones and i love them! i want them all (greedy me)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THEM!
    Thanks for your sweet comment;i'll follow you too!
    I did the blog two weeks ago :)
    Car
    http://waytheby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I've never owned a pair of doc martins. Not even when I was young?! If I looked as hot as the girl in the bottom photo I'd be sold straight away...such a nice photo!

    http://sweetmondayblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove Doc Martins, those bright blue ones in the first picture are amazing! Great post xx


    www.amybell-thelittlemagpie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos! Love the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shoes indeed..i've never owned a pair of them too :/
    Style LimeLight

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love Doc Martens, they look like they'd be the perfect shoe for any weather plus they seem so comfy!

    ♥mollie from musicandmollie

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post! I love my oxblood docs! :)
    it would be amazing to own all of the ones in the first photo... if only...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics:)
    just followed

    naturalbeings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! We're Doc obsessed, so this is just amazzzzing.

    PS. We've a DORIS giveaway on our blog! Check it out!

    ox from NYC!
    -davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The need for security systems has increased rapidly with the increasing number of criminal activities at various places including homes, workplaces and public spaces. Whether yours is a small business, federal office, school, shopping mall or a home, you need to protect it from harmful groups like robbers, vandals, burglars, etc. Moreover, you also need to monitor the movements of employees, children, visitors and trespassers alike. If you have a plan to install surveillance cameras, consider the following points before investing in them. Buy Dash Cameras Online

    ReplyDelete